Olympique Marseille confirm three positive Covid-19 tests, three days before Ligue 1 starts
Just three days prior to the 2020-21 Ligue 1 campaign beginning, French club Olympique Marseille have three employees have tested positive for Covid-19.
Olympique Marseille announced three "suspected" coronavirus cases have been confirmed just three days before the start of the new Ligue 1 season. The French club revealed on Sunday that three individuals within their "professional workforce" had been detected as potentially having Covid-19.
Four coronavirus cases at Marseille
Their communication at the time indicated the club was seeking confirmation regarding these cases and follow-up tests on Monday all came back positive. These take the club's positive cases up to four in the past week.
Following the tests carried out on Monday, no new cases of #COVID19 were revealed, but Sunday's 3 suspected cases have been confirmed.— Olympique de Marseille (@OM_English) August 18, 2020
The Club has sent all the details to the @LFPfr. pic.twitter.com/WjYdI6dQIG
Marseille are due to kick off the 2020-21 Ligue 1 campaign this Friday at home to Saint-Étienne – it is unclear how these new positive tests will impact on that scheduled fixture. Friday's match will be the first Ligue 1 game since early March, when French authorities suspended action due to the coronavirus – the competition was then officially ended prematurely on 28 April.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game