Alphonso Davies requests permission to return to Canada
After celebrating winning the 2020 UEFA Champions League final with Bayern Munich, Davies wants to return to his hometown in Canada.
Alphonso Davies won the UEFA Champions League with Bayern Munich at the age of 19 this past weekend. The Canadian footballer had a brilliant tournament and became a regular in the starting 11 for the German giants. After the celebrations Davies used his Twitter account to request permission to return to Canada.
The Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau congratulated via Twitter the 19-year-old for winning the Champions League, “a historic moment, you made Canadians proud out there. Congratulations on the big win, Alphonso!” he wrote on Monday morning.
Davies’ replies to the prime minister
After reading the tweet Alphonso Davies replied to the Prime Minister with a special request, “thank you Prime Minister Justing Trudeau! Can I please come home for a week,” he wrote. Due to the coronavirus pandemic Canada has closed the borders to prevent the virus from spreading.
Currently airports in Canada are working on a new flight plan given by the government for navigating the coronavirus pandemic, but the country’s travel restrictions remain intact and there is no extract date for that to change.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston