Alphonso Davies requests permission to return to Canada
After celebrating winning the 2020 UEFA Champions League final with Bayern Munich, Davies wants to return to his hometown in Canada.
Alphonso Davies won the UEFA Champions League with Bayern Munich at the age of 19 this past weekend. The Canadian footballer had a brilliant tournament and became a regular in the starting 11 for the German giants. After the celebrations Davies used his Twitter account to request permission to return to Canada.
The Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau congratulated via Twitter the 19-year-old for winning the Champions League, “a historic moment, you made Canadians proud out there. Congratulations on the big win, Alphonso!” he wrote on Monday morning.
Davies’ replies to the prime minister
After reading the tweet Alphonso Davies replied to the Prime Minister with a special request, “thank you Prime Minister Justing Trudeau! Can I please come home for a week,” he wrote. Due to the coronavirus pandemic Canada has closed the borders to prevent the virus from spreading.
Currently airports in Canada are working on a new flight plan given by the government for navigating the coronavirus pandemic, but the country’s travel restrictions remain intact and there is no extract date for that to change.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands