Stimulus check: what did Pelosi say about the $1.3 trillion package?
Democratic House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the $1.3 trillion sum proposed by Republicans was not enough to meet the needs of the American people.
On Thursday House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows held a phone call to discuss the terms of the new stimulus relief package.
However the two sides remained at loggerheads regarding the amount of money that should be spent on the relief package.
On Friday, Meadows confirmed that President Donald Trump is ready to sign into law a $1.3 trillion stimulus package drafted by the White House and Senate Republicans, which is $300 billion more than the Republican's original $1 trillion proposal.
But Pelosi believes $1.3 trillion is not sufficient, saying: “Republicans are rejecting the funding needed for testing and tracing to crush the virus and safely reopen schools and the economy.”
Democrats and Republicans still far from an agreement
President Trump spoke about the subject on Air Force One during a flight to Washington from New Hampshire.
“My impression is that Pelosi wants to give no stimulus, all she wants is a bailout for badly run Democrat states,” he said.
The Republicans new offer allocates $500 billion to a checklist of items that have gained bipartisan support, but does not include a second round of stimulus payments.
“I can tell the American people what is in the offer the president has made and that he’s willing to sign: enhanced unemployment at levels (Pelosi) would agree with, enhanced help for small businesses at levels she would agree with, literally help for day care and hospitals at levels she would agree with, and help for schools at levels she would agree with,” Meadows said Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby