I don't know why people invent destinations - Griezmann reiterates desire to stay at Barcelona
Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann continues to be linked with a move away but has stressed his desire to stay at the club.
Antoine Griezmann has questioned why he continues to be linked with a move away from Barcelona as he reiterated his desire to remain at the club.
The France international endured an underwhelming debut campaign with Barça after arriving from Atlético Madrid in a €120million transfer last year.
Struggled out of position
He registered 15 goals in all competitions but was often played out of position and struggled to earn a regular place in the side in the closing stages of the season.
Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and former club Atlético have all been tipped to move for Griezmann, but the forward has no desire to leave Barcelona.
"Is my future at Barça? Yes. I don't know why people invent destinations to see if one day they will be right," he told French outlet M6.
"I am very well there. I know I have the confidence of the club and the coach so I am well. It has been a very complicated season for all of us but now we start again."
Contract runs until 2023-24 season
Griezmann, under contract with Barça until the end of the 2023-24 campaign, scored for France on Tuesday to draw level with Zinedine Zidane as the nation's fifth all-time top scorer.
The 29-year-old has 31 goals for the world champions, putting him behind only David Trezeguet, Olivier Giroud, Michel Platini and Thierry Henry, who struck 51 times for Les Blues.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future