Koeman hands Messi captain's armband for Nastic friendly
FC Barcelona played their first pre-season match in the Catalan capital on Saturday with 2B side Nastic from neighbouring city Tarragona providing the opposition.
Ronald Koeman oversaw his first game as FC Barcelona coach on Saturday as they faced 2B side Nastic from Tarragona in a pre-season preparatory match.
All eyes were on Leo Messi on Saturday after the Argentine initially stated that he wanted to leave the Camp Nou outfit only to make a u-turn last week. With both the striker and Koeman realising that the best solution is to work together, today, the Argentine sported the captain's armband for the Nastic friendly.
And the 2020/21 preseason is underway! #BarçaNastic— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) September 12, 2020
Messi played for the first 45 minutes at the Estadio Johan Cruyff with Barcelona winning 3-1 on the night with Griezmann Coutinho and Dembélé scoring for Barça.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher