Weston McKennie thrilled to make Juventus debut
United States international Weston McKennie made his Serie A debut with Juventus at the weekend in the opening day victory over Sampdoria.
Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo opted to include United States international Weston McKennie in the starting line-up in Sunday's Serie A season opener against Sampdoria. McKennie joined the Italians on a one-year loan from Schalke 04 a few weeks ago and he is already making a difference.
In the first game of the season, Juventus beat Sampdoria 3-0 and the United States international played the full 90 minutes. It's a promising sign for McKennie who has impressed new manager Pirlo in training in the run-up to their first game of the season.
After the game, the Juve number 14 took to Instagram to express how happy he was to play his first game in Serie A: “Super excited to start this journey with this group and also to have made my debut for this amazing club,” he wrote.
What's next for McKennie
It is expected that Pirlo will keep Weston McKennie in the starting line-up for Juventus' next game - on Sunday 27 September when they visit Roma at the Olympic stadium. After that the champions will host Napoli on 4 October.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?