Weston McKennie thrilled to make Juventus debut
United States international Weston McKennie made his Serie A debut with Juventus at the weekend in the opening day victory over Sampdoria.
Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo opted to include United States international Weston McKennie in the starting line-up in Sunday's Serie A season opener against Sampdoria. McKennie joined the Italians on a one-year loan from Schalke 04 a few weeks ago and he is already making a difference.
In the first game of the season, Juventus beat Sampdoria 3-0 and the United States international played the full 90 minutes. It's a promising sign for McKennie who has impressed new manager Pirlo in training in the run-up to their first game of the season.
After the game, the Juve number 14 took to Instagram to express how happy he was to play his first game in Serie A: “Super excited to start this journey with this group and also to have made my debut for this amazing club,” he wrote.
What's next for McKennie
It is expected that Pirlo will keep Weston McKennie in the starting line-up for Juventus' next game - on Sunday 27 September when they visit Roma at the Olympic stadium. After that the champions will host Napoli on 4 October.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play