Eiffel tower evacuated due to alleged bomb scare
According to reports the Eiffel Tower in Paris has been cordoned off and evacuated by French police. The incident appears to now be over.
According to a number of reports the Eiffel Tower in Paris was cordoned off and evacuated by French police on Wednesday morning.
Reuters reported that a security source could not confirm whether the threat was linked to a bomb threat, as some media has reported.
French media report bomb threat at Eiffel Tower
French media had reported that the French police received an anonymous tip off of a bomb threat.
The police immediately contacted the Eiffel Tower’s security and began a search of the building for possible explosives.
The French journalist Barthelemy Bolo has posted videos to his twitter feed reporting on the unfolding situation.
Accordng to Bolo the incident was over by 14:17. As yet there are no reports of an explosive being found or any individual or group claiming responsibility for the alleged threat.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Spain could draw Brazil or Argentina at Tokyo Olympics
- REAL MADRID Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius: Zidane faces selection headache as Belgian nears return
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leipzig star Konaté responds to Liverpool rumours
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS tax refunds on $10,200 in unemployment benefits: when it's coming?
- US News: Coronavirus What are the maximum unemployment benefits per state?