Eiffel tower evacuated due to alleged bomb scare
According to reports the Eiffel Tower in Paris has been cordoned off and evacuated by French police. The incident appears to now be over.
According to a number of reports the Eiffel Tower in Paris was cordoned off and evacuated by French police on Wednesday morning.
Reuters reported that a security source could not confirm whether the threat was linked to a bomb threat, as some media has reported.
French media report bomb threat at Eiffel Tower
French media had reported that the French police received an anonymous tip off of a bomb threat.
The police immediately contacted the Eiffel Tower’s security and began a search of the building for possible explosives.
The French journalist Barthelemy Bolo has posted videos to his twitter feed reporting on the unfolding situation.
Accordng to Bolo the incident was over by 14:17. As yet there are no reports of an explosive being found or any individual or group claiming responsibility for the alleged threat.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up