United in Barça talks for Dembélé as Suárez set to join Atleti
A look at the latest headlines and rumours with the transfer window open through to early October.
First Juventus, now Atlético Madrid.
For so long, Luis Suárez appeared set to leave Spain for Italy. But a proposed move to Juve did not materialise as the Barcelona forward stands on the cusp of uniting with Diego Simeone in the Spanish capital.
Suárez set for Atleti move
Luis Suárez will swap Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid, according to widespread reports in Spain.
Suárez had been tipped to join Serie A champions Juventus after being told he could leave Camp Nou.
But the 33-year-old Uruguay international forward will now sign a two-year deal with Atlético as he dominates the front pages of Wednesday's Marca, Diario AS and Mundo Deportivo.
- Manchester United have progressed talks with Barça regarding forward Ousmane Dembélé, Record Sport reports. Having so far failed to prise Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, United are eyeing an initial loan move for Dembélé.
- Esport3 claims Barça are set to sign Ajax right-back Sergiño Dest, who was also wanted by Bayern Munich.
- Milan have offered €20million for Nikola Milenkovic but Fiorentina have said no, reports Gazzetta dello Sport. Celtic's Kristoffer Ajer and Schalke centre-back Matija Nastasic are also options for the Rossoneri.
- Tuttosport claims Wolves are circling Juventus winger Douglas Costa, who has also been linked to United.
- Fulham and Newcastle United have entered the race to sign Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik, reports Gazzetta dello Sport. Tottenham have also been linked to the Poland international, while Roma are believed to be in talks as Milik enters the final year of his Napoli contract.
- Sky Sport Italia says Tottenham have opened talks for Inter defender Milan Skriniar, while Benfica's Ruben Dias is another option for Spurs.
- Torino are battling Atletico for Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira, according to Sportitalia. The former Sampdoria star has also been linked to Milan.
- Telefoot says Paris Saint-Germain are in talks with Chelsea over the possible signing of midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko. Discussions with Milan over a return have become complicated and PSG are now eyeing an initial loan deal for the former Monaco star.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame