Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
Amazon Prime Day the biggest sales event for the retail behemoth is finally coming.
Amazon's Prime Day is the annual sales bonanza for the ecommerce retail giant where Prime members have the opportunity to find incredible deals on a wide range of products. It's generally a good chance to acquire Amazon kit at greatly reduced prices. Unfortunately for many shoppers this year's event, planned for July, has been on hold. It was postponed due to complications caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Amazon Prime Day: A truly colossal event
To give one the scale of the event, last year the retail behemoth sold a record $7.16 billion worth of goods, which was up 71% from 2018's record breaking year. Take into account that the 2019 Prime Day was 48 hours compared to 36 hours in 2018. The event is expected to last for two days again this year. According to a story at CNET, Prime Day will begin 13 October. The Verge backed up this reporting based on an internal email they had had access to.
Speculation is that the dates were chosen to avoid overlapping with the holiday sales season. Several major retailers, including Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Kohl's, have announced they will move theirs up to as early as October, forgoing midnight Black Friday doorbuster sales. With consumer spending expected to be lower this year, retailers are trying to entice shoppers to spend more by giving them extra time to make their purchases.
Membership has its privileges
If you want to take advantage of the online event you must be a Prime member. However, you can sign up for a free 30-day Prime membership. Just remember to cancel before the $119 membership fee kicks in.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?