Christian Pulisic returns from injury as Chelsea beat Palace
Chelsea’s number 10 finally made his first appearance of the Premier League season after recovering from a hamstring injury he suffered in the FA Cup final.
Christian Pulisic injured his hamstring on 1 August in the FA Cup final against Arsenal back in August. It has taken Chelsea’s new number 10 over a month to return with the Blues - on Saturday he played seven minutes in the team's victory of 4-0 against Crystal Palace.
Reclaiming starting spot
The United States international will have time to keep working on his fitness during the international break. Chelsea’s next match is on 17 October against Southampton. By that time, he could be ready to return to the starting XI, if coach Frank Lampard sees fit.
This season, Lampard decided to give Pulisic the number 10 jersey after the player showed he is able to lead the team last season. Even with the team's new signings it is expected that Lampard will continue with the American in his usual starting line-up once he is fully fit.
The 22-year-old scored nine goals with Chelsea and gave four assists in the Premier League last season. He is expected to have a bigger role this year and hopefully, avoid more injuries.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Real Madrid: Mbappé operation could cause a domino effect
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard rues missing out on 'leader' Rice
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid among list of clubs interested in 'frustrated' Kane
- PREMIER LEAGUE Watkins fires Villa in front
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid edge Barça in Clásicos won: 97-96
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard