Sergiño Dest: “I didn’t understand a word Lionel Messi said”
After making his Barcelona debut against Sevilla this weekend, Sergiño Dest spoke about meeting Lionel Messi in the few days he has been at the club.
FC Barcelona signed Sergiño Dest after paying Ajax 25 million euros last week. The 19-year-old had a concrete offer from Bayern Munich who wanted to sign him this summer, but he chose Barcelona because he wanted to play alongside Lionel Messi.
Sergiño Dest's presentation with Barcelona was held on Friday at Camp Nou and he made his official debut on Sunday against Sevilla when he replaced Jordi Alba in the 75th-minute of the 1-1 draw.
“I saw everyone today and Messi included. The Argentine doesn’t speak English, but it was very special to meet him. I am going to be honest, I have no idea what he told me, but as long as we both smile at each other, everything will be ok,” said Dest after the game against Sevilla.
Ronaldinho has been an inspiration
“I also chose FC Barcelona over any other team because it has always been a dream of mine to play here. My favourite player, my idol growing up was Ronaldinho and he made his own history in Barcelona. When I found out about the interest from Barça it was an easy decision to make,” explained Dest.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night