India witnesses a significant drop in Covid-19 cases on Tuesday
The country has reported 61,267 new Covid-19 cases over the past 24 hours, while 884 deaths were registered across the country.
India has seen a sharp drop in new Covid-19 cases as only 61,267 fresh infections have been reported from across the country in the past 24 hours ending Tuesday at 8 am, which is much lower than the numbers India has been registering over the past two months.
According to the data released by the ministry of health, the country has also reported 884 patients who have succumbed to the infection during the same period, bringing the overall death toll to 103,569. Tuesday's surge increased the overall case count in India to 6,685,083 infections.
Rising recovery rate and declining fatality rate:
India, which has been maintaining one of the highest recovery rates around the world, currently has 919,023 active cases whereas 5,662,491 people have recovered from the virus, leading the country's recovery rate to rise to 84.70%. India's fatality rate is also continuously decreasing as it has recently dropped to 1.55%.
Delhi is past Covid-19 second wave
In other news, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Tuesday that the national capital Delhi is past the peak of the second wave of coronavirus and the situation has been brought under control. “Delhi hit the peak of the second wave of Covid on 17 September when 4,500 cases were reported across the city. The situation has been controlled to a large extent,” he said.
As of Monday evening, the total number of cases in Delhi stood at 292,560 after 1,947 fresh cases had been reported earlier during the day.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?