India's recovery rate increases while active cases drop below 9m
Although 73,272 new covid-19 infections were reported, the country kept the number of active cases below nine million for the second consecutive day, as the recovery rate continues to climb.
India has reported 73,272 new coronavirus cases and 926 covid-19 related deaths in the last 24 hours ending 8 am on Saturday. The figures released by the Union Health Ministry take the nation's overall case tally to 6,979,424, while fatalities reached 107,416.
India managed to keep the number of active cases below nine million for the second day in a row as the country currently comprises 883,185 active cases, with the ministry assuring that this progressive decline will continue.
"There are 883,185 active cases of Covid-19, which constitute merely 12.65% of the total cases of the country. These are nearly 1/8th of the total cases in the country," the ministry stated.
Recovery rate increases to 85.8%
In addition, India's recovery rate increased to 85.81% as the Union Health Ministry announced that as many as 5,988,823 patients have recovered from the infection, whereas the fatality rate dropped to 1.54%.
Most new cases focused on 10 states
The ministry also explained that 76% of newly-discovered cases are concentrated in 10 states: Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Delhi, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh. Kerala - which took four and a half months to register its first 10,000 covid-19 infections - witnessed a single-day spike of more than 10,000 cases on Wednesday. Over the past few weeks, Kerala has seen more daily cases than any other Indian state excluding Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?