Joe Scally excited to reunite with Gio Reyna in Bundesliga
Borussia Monchengladbach announced the signing of the 17-year-old United States defender and he will join the German side ahead of the 2021 Bundesliga season.
Joe Scally started his career in the youth academy of New York City FC in 2017 where he played alongside Gio Reyna, who two years later joined Borussia Dortmund. Scally and Reyna formed a friendship during the two seasons they played together and they will be reunited next year in the Bundesliga.
Scally finally made his debut with the first team this year and he has played three games with New York City FC, one as a starter and two coming in as a sub. During an interview with German newspaper Bild, he talked about his relationship with Gio Reyna, who has become a key player for Borussia Dortmund this season.
“We were always together and he became my best friend. We talk all the time via Facetime and I know we will be playing in different teams but I am glad that we will be closer and we will be rivals next season,” said Scally.
NYCFC in playoff position
Right now Scally is focused on making playoffs with New York City FC who are in the fifth position of the Easter conference with 26 points. They have seven games left of the regular season to secure a spot ahead of the 2020 Major League Soccer playoffs.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz