Ter Stegen set to miss El Clásico
FC Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman admitted that the German stopper would miss the game against Real Madrid as he continues to recover from a knee operation.
Marc André Ter Stegen will miss El Clásico on 24 October at Camp Nou. The news was broken by Barça boss Ronald Koeman as he spoke to the media in the press conference as the Catalan side face Getafe on Saturday. The Dutch coach stated: "I don't believe he'll be ready for next week, there is no return date but we'll just have to keep an eye on his line of recovery".
The German stopper returned to individual training earlier this week and sources at the club believe that the player will miss at least the next three weeks of action which could see the keeper also miss the key Champions League game against Juventus on 28 October but could be ready for a comeback against Dynamo Kiev on 4 November.
Marc-André Ter Stegen decided to put an end to the ongoing issues that he had been having with the patellar tendon in his right knee and underwent an operation on 18 August with the recovery process from the operation taking longer that was originally anticipated. Brazilian Neto Murara has been deputising for the German in his absence.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it