LA Galaxy eyeing Javier Aguirre to replace Guillermo Barros Schelotto
LA Galaxy is having the worst season in their history since the league started in 1996 and the bosses are already thinking about making changes ahead of the 2021 campaign.
LA Galaxy have struggled post-Zlatan Ibrahimovic and they are having their worst season on record since the Major League Soccer started back in 1996. Guillermo Barros Schelotto arrived in 2019 to the team and his project has had a lot of ups and downs, specially this season with the arrival of striker Javier Hernández.
Last year the Galaxy made it to the playoffs for the first time since 2016, so it was expected that this season they qualified again, but currently they stand in the last place of the Western Conference with 18 points in the same amount of games.
Change of coaches
According to Azteca Deportes even if the team qualifies to playoffs winning the four games that are left of the regular season, the Galaxy’s sporting director Dennis te Kloese is already thinking about bringing in Javier Aguirre to replace Guillermo Barros Schelotto ahead of the 2021 season.
The idea is that Aguirre brings the best out of Chicharito who came in this year as the face for the franchise. The Mexican striker has failed to meet the expectations of his arrival scoring 1 goal in 10 games and Schelotto took him out of the starting XI in the last game he was available.
Last week Aguirre was interviewed by ESPN where said that he is open to coaching in Major League Soccer because he likes that the clubs respect the projects and that in the past several teams have approached him.
“I like that the clubs respect the coaches work and just because you lose several games they let you go. Matías Almeyda is a great example because he lost four games by a huge goal margin and he still is managing the Earthquakes because they believe in his project,” added Aguirre.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live