Pulisic ties with DaMarcus Beasley as USA’s leading Champions League goalscorer
Pulisic scored Chelsea’s fourth goal of the game against Krasnodar on Wednesday night to put himself level with DeMarcus Beasley’s Champions League record.
Christian Pulisic came off the bench in Chelsea’s 4-0 defeat of Krasnador to score the Blue's last goal of the game in the 90th minute. It was the US player's fourth-ever goal in the competition.
Pulisic joins fellow American DeMarcus Beasley
The 22-year-old has now scored the same amount of Champions League goals as fellow American DeMarcus Beasley to put himself in the joint lead among U.S. players in Europe’s most important tournament.
Pulisic's impact in the game was felt just five minutes after he came on, when his first shot hit the arm of Krasnodar captain Aleksandr Martynovich, leading the referee to call a penalty kick in the 75th minute, which Timo Werner converted.
And in the 90th minute Tammy Abraham ran down the right wing to cross the ball to Pulisic who struck the ball fist time to score final goal of the game. It was his first goal of the 2020 UEFA Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?