Man Utd's new defender Telles positive for coronavirus
Alex Telles should be "back soon" for Manchester United after testing positive for coronavirus.
Manchester United left-back Alex Telles has tested positive for coronavirus, it was confirmed on Wednesday.
Telles, who arrived at United from Porto for a reported £15.4million (€17m) earlier this month, made his debut for the club in last week's Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain.
The 27-year-old has since missed two matches, including Wednesday's 5-0 thrashing of RB Leipzig at Old Trafford.
Solskjaer says Telles is fine
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer subsequently confirmed Telles had contracted COVID-19, but was feeling fine.
"Telles has tested positive for coronavirus so he's been out for a few days," he told a news conference.
"No symptoms though, so he'll be fine. Back soon."
Top of Group H in the Champions League but 15th in the Premier League, United host Arsenal on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7