Man Utd's new defender Telles positive for coronavirus
Alex Telles should be "back soon" for Manchester United after testing positive for coronavirus.
Manchester United left-back Alex Telles has tested positive for coronavirus, it was confirmed on Wednesday.
Telles, who arrived at United from Porto for a reported £15.4million (€17m) earlier this month, made his debut for the club in last week's Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain.
The 27-year-old has since missed two matches, including Wednesday's 5-0 thrashing of RB Leipzig at Old Trafford.
Solskjaer says Telles is fine
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer subsequently confirmed Telles had contracted COVID-19, but was feeling fine.
"Telles has tested positive for coronavirus so he's been out for a few days," he told a news conference.
"No symptoms though, so he'll be fine. Back soon."
Top of Group H in the Champions League but 15th in the Premier League, United host Arsenal on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy