Werner double seals Germany comeback victory over Ukraine
Timo Werner scored either side of the break to steer Germany from behind to a 3-1 victory over Ukraine in their Nations League match on Saturday to top their group with a game left to play.
The Chelsea striker scored twice after Leroy Sané had cancelled out a surprise 12th minute lead by the visitors.
The Germans, in the midst of an overhaul following their 2018 World Cup first round exit, are now top of Group A4 on nine points, one ahead of Spain whom they face on Tuesday. The top team qualifies for the final stage of the competition.
Ukraine, who had four players, including top striker Andriy Yarmolenko, ruled out after testing positive for covid-19 on the eve of the game, are third on six points.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption