Werner double seals Germany comeback victory over Ukraine
Timo Werner scored either side of the break to steer Germany from behind to a 3-1 victory over Ukraine in their Nations League match on Saturday to top their group with a game left to play.
The Chelsea striker scored twice after Leroy Sané had cancelled out a surprise 12th minute lead by the visitors.
The Germans, in the midst of an overhaul following their 2018 World Cup first round exit, are now top of Group A4 on nine points, one ahead of Spain whom they face on Tuesday. The top team qualifies for the final stage of the competition.
Ukraine, who had four players, including top striker Andriy Yarmolenko, ruled out after testing positive for covid-19 on the eve of the game, are third on six points.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August