Barcelona's Pedri thanks Real Madrid for not signing him
Now at Barcelona, Pedri was thankful to Real Madrid for turning him down before making his dream move to Camp Nou.
Pedri thanked Real Madrid for not signing him, saying he was where he wanted to be at Barcelona.
The 17-year-old joined the LaLiga giants from Las Palmas in July, and has scored twice in 10 appearances for Barca this season.
But it could have been different for the teenager, who was turned down by Madrid after a trial.
Pedri, a Spain youth international, said he was glad to be rejected by Barça's rivals.
"I went to test with Real Madrid but they told me I didn't have the level," he told Cadena SER on Monday.
"I thank the one who told me I was not worth it, now I am in the team that I have always loved."
Barcelona sit eighth in the LaLiga table, nine points behind leaders Real Sociedad, although they have played two fewer games.
Pedri, who has made three league starts this season, is enjoying the opportunity of playing with six-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi.
"Of course I dreamed of playing with Messi, like many children," he said.
Barcelona are next in action with a trip to Atlético Madrid on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates