2020 MLS Play-offs will start with Friday’s play-in round games
The play-offs will start in the Eastern Conference on Friday in Gillette stadium with the game between New England Revolution and Montreal Impact.
The regular season is over and 18 teams have made it to the 2020 MLS Play-offs with hopes of lifting the trophy this season. The Play-In games will start on Friday in the Eastern Conference at the Gillette stadium with the game between New England Revolution and Montreal Impact.
Single elimination matches
Seeing as there are more teams in the East this season, the last four teams who qualified have to go through a Play-In match to advance to the next round. Nashville qualified in the No. 7 seed and New England in the No. 8, that is why they will play at home in a single elimination match against Inter Miami and Montreal Impact respectively.
Both teams will play on Friday to advance to the first round of playoffs that will take place between 21-24 of November. The winner between New England and Montreal will visit Toronto FC and the winner between Inter Miami and Nashville has to face Philadelphia Union.
The first round of playoffs
- Orlando City will host New York City FC on 21 November.
- Columbus Crew will host New York Red Bulls on 21 November.
- Toronto FC will host the winner of the first Play-In winner on 24 November.
- Philadelphia Union will host the winner of the second Play-In winner on 24 November.
- Sporting Kansas City will host the San Jose Earthquakes on 22 November.
- Minnesota United will host the Colorado Rapids on 22 November.
- The Portland Timbers will host FC Dallas on 22 November.
- Seattle Sounders will host LAFC on 24 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Robert Lewandowski's priority is Real Madrid
- QATAR 2022 What cities and stadiums will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup?
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Pogba: 'We deserved to lose and need to find the problem'
- BARCELONA Dani Alves opens door for sensational Barcelona return
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS