Chelsea: Christian Pulisic set to return to face Tottenham
Chelsea’s head coach Frank Lampard said that the United States international is almost back to full fitness and he could see some minutes against Tottenham.
Injuries have prevented Christian Pulisic from reaching his full potential with Chelsea and this season he has been sidelined twice for that reason. The first injury came in the FA Cup final against Arsenal and the second occurred on 31 October while warming up prior to the game against Burnley.
Out for the Champions League match
Chelsea’s head coach Frank Lampard decided not to include Pulisic to face Rennes for matchday four of Group E of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday. Lampard mentioned that the 22-year-old has returned to practice and is close to reaching full fitness.
"Christian stays back and doesn't travel but the good news is that he has had some good progression in the last week. The reason he is staying back is to get some physical work to hopefully have him ready for selection come the weekend and onwards,” said Lampard.
Team news and talk of Rennes from the boss at 1pm (UK)! 🎙— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) November 23, 2020
Follow updates here or watch the press conference live on the 5th Stand and our Facebook page! #RENCHE
According to Lampard, Chelsea’s No 10 will return to the pitch on Sunday 29 November when they host Tottenham Hotspur. Currently, Chelsea are in third place of the Premier League with 18 points, two less than Liverpool and Tottenham.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"