Ramos targets UCL return as Luka Jovic returns to training
The Serbian striker delivered a negative PCR and has joined up with the rest if the squad along with Odriozola who has recovered from injury.
After having Wednesday off, the Real Madrid first team squad were back at Valdebebas on Thursday for training with the squad having a frank talk ahead of the session led by captain Sergio Ramos with alarm bells sounding after the 2-0 defeat to Shakhtar.
There was positive news for Zinedine Zidane after it was confirmed that Luka Jovic delivered a negative PCR test and this was able to rejoin the session with his team-mates. The return of the striker is good news with three massive challenges ahead for 'Los Blancos' as they travel to Seville on Saturday, face Borussia Mönchengladbach in a vital Champions League group game with a draw or win imperative. The following weekend Zidane's men face high flying Atlético Madrid.
Odriozola has also returned to full training and his return will push Lucas Vázquez further up the pitch in his natural position on the wing.
At this stage, it appears unlikely that Sergio Ramos will be completely fit to face his former side at the Sancjez Pizjuan on Saturday with hope at the club that the captain will be ready for Wednesday's vital Champions League clash. Hazard, Valverde and Carvajal are currently expected to miss this key trilogy of key games as they continue rehabilitation from their respective injuries.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live