Tunisian sports ministry: All activities remain suspended
The Tunisian Ministry of Sports confirmed all sports-related activities will remain suspended until further notice from the country's covid-19 task force.
The Tunisian Ministry of Sports released an official statement on Friday to announce that sports-related activities will continue to be on hold due to the covid-19 situation in the country, noting that the same measures declared earlier on 16 November will remain in force until approval issued by the Ministry of Health to lift the restrictions.
"The same measures will remain in force as per the statement issued by the ministry on 16 November 2020," the statement said.
Sports Ministry waiting for covid-19 task force resolutions
The statement also clarified that the ministry will be waiting for any further decision to be taken by the country's covid-19 task force that will meet on 6 December after looking into the outcome of sectoral meetings being held.
Following the statement, the kick-off of the Tunisian league will be further delayed as it was previously scheduled for next Sunday.
Coronavirus in Tunisia
The African country has been witnessing a significant surge in covid-19 cases recently, leading authorities to implement some strict measures that included the suspension of all sports activities and competitions until further notice.
Since the start of the pandemic, Tunisia has registered 99,280 covid-19 cases, 73,607 recoveries, and 3,359 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?