US players scoring in Europe's big leagues
Giovanni Reyna, Weston McKennie and Christian Pulisic are the USMNT players who scored a goal, breaking a record established in 2005.
What a great weekend for the United States men’s international team, as three of their players scored for European clubs in their domestic leagues. Take a bow Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Gio Reyna (BVB) and Weston McKennie (Juventus).
Another record for the USMNT
All three players are under the age of 22 and are making a direct impact in their teams. Pulisic came off the bench to score his first goal of the season with Chelsea in the Premier League after returning from his injury.
Weston Mckennie also came on as a sub in Juventus' 2-1 victory over Torino for matchday 10 of Serie A. The United States international tied the game after he scored from a corner kick with a beautiful header.
Then to top it off, Gio Reyna, who started the game, became the second youngest American to score two Bundesliga goals, after Christian Pulisic. The 18-year old scored a brace to give Borussia Dortmund all three points against Frankfurt in the Bundesliga.
The last time three different Americans scored in one of the five major European leagues on the same day was on 27 August 2005, when Brian McBride, Claudio Reyna and Jermaine Jones scored for their respective clubs.
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?