How much money will Logan Paul and Floyd Mayweather make for their fight?
Floyd Mayweather will return to the boxing ring in February for an exhibition bout against YouTube personality Logan Paul, the undefeated former world champion announced.
43 year-old Mayweathe with an unblemished record of 50-0, last fought professionally in August 2017 when he won by TKO over mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor, who was making his boxing debut.
The five-weight division world champion said he will step into the ring on Feb. 20 at a yet to be determined venue to face Paul, who has a record of 0-1, with that loss coming against fellow YouTuber KSI.
The fight is the latest exhibition bout featuring ageing former-champions and celebrities.
Former-heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, now 54, returned to the ring last month to face Roy Jones Jr. in a charity exhibition bout that was ruled a draw.
The bout will be streamed live through the application Fanmio Boxing on a pay-per-view basis. The first million purchases will be $24.99 each (with a 1.62 transmission charge on top of the flat-fee), with the price rising after that. Irrespective of the the number of purchases, the price jumps to $69.99 starting 11 February.
Back in 2017, the purse for Mayweather and McGregor saw Mayweather reportedly earning $280 million from the fight and McGregor earning $130 million.Two years after the McGregor fight, 'Money' took on kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition that earned Mayweather a reported $9 million after knocking out his opponent in two minutes.
At present, with the fight date just being announced and lucrative sponsorship deals yet to be confirmed, it's not clear as to exactly how much money Mayweather or Paul will pocket from the February fight. Forbes report that Mayweather has netted over $1 billion in prize money alone during his professional career and the 2021 bout will certainly see one of the richest athletes increase his net value.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA Skills Challenge: which players will participate in the 2021 edition?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Does NBA League Pass include NBA All-Star 2021?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming & when it could pass Senate vote, IRS tax return | Live
- 2021 TAX FILING Has the IRS already started refunding tax return 2021?
- NFL Denver Broncos: Stay locked on Drew or hand keys to a rookie QB?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How to claim a missing stimulus check on your 2020 tax return