Simeone assumes the blame for Atlético's derby defeat
Atlético Madrid coach Diego Simeone took responsibility for Saturday's derby defeat to Real Madrid, "I got my tactics wrong," admitted the coach.
Diego Simeone acknowledged that he was blame for Atlético's defeat to Real Madrid in Saturday's derby. Atleti's 26-game unbeaten run in LaLiga was ended after Casemiro's header and Jan Oblak's unfortunate own goal at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano.
Simeone accepted responsibility for the loss, although his side remain top of the table. "The coach was wrong in his approach and in the search for the match," he told Movistar+. "He tried to intervene to improve what he was seeing."
Atleti pose little threat
Atlético failed to register a single shot in the first half of a LaLiga game for only the second time under Simeone. El Cholo said Madrid deserved praise for a performance that moved them to within three points of the leaders, who have also played one less game. "The lads have been making a huge effort, the team had not lost for a long time and one day it would happen," he said. "When your rivals are superior we must congratulate them. We wet into the game after making a great effort in the Champions League and something could turn everyone's head throughout the game."
Atleti face Cardassar in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday before hosting Elche in LaLiga three days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest