Golden Boy Haaland: "Juventus? I'm happy at Dortmund"
Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland denied he had ever been near a move to Juventus and had words of praise for Mino Raiola and Robert Lewandowski.
Erling Haaland picked up the 2020 Golden Boy award on Monday, a gong designed by Italian media outlet Tuttsport to recognize the best under-21 player of the year in Europe. After receiving his trophy, the Borussia Dortmund striker spoke about constant speculation over his future, with Manchester United Real Madrid, Juventus and others all linked with a move, but said he is happy at the Westfalenstadion for the time being.
“I’m very proud of this award,” Haaland said. “It’s a motivation for me to keep growing and improving.”
Haaland: "I'd love to get close to Lewandowski's achievement"
The Norway international had words of praise for his representative, Mino Raiola, who he described as “the best” while making it clear he was very happy to have the divisive super-agent in his corner. Haaland also lauded Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski: “He is one of the best in Europe, I watch him all the time and I’d love to win what he has won, to get close to his achievements.”
Haaland also addressed rumours of a deal with Juventus in typically forthright style: “Was I close to a move? People have said so, but I never said it. I’ve only been at Dortmund for a year and I’m very happy.”
Raiola hints at Serie A move
Raiola, however, added that his client was keeping his options open with half of Europe keen to secure his signature. “You can never rule out a journey in Italy for the best players.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped