Neymar offers support to racially abused Brazil youth player
The PSG forward sent a message to 11-year-old Luiz Eduardo Bertoldo Santiago after he suffered language echoing the PSG-Istanbul Champions League walk-off.
Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil forward Neymar sent an emotional message of support to an 11-year-old player in his native country after the youngster suffered racial abuse during a game. Luiz Eduardo Bertoldo Santiago, who plays for Academia Uberlandia, was reduced to tears after a Copa Caldas game against Set Esportes due to the language being used by the opposition side’s coach. “He kept saying: close down the black kid, shut that black kid down… he said it many times,” the young player told his parents and other spectators during the game.
The incident echoed what preceded PSG and Istanbul Basaksehir players walking off the pitch during a recent Champions League game when the fourth official was accused of racially abusing Istanbul assistant Pierre Webó.
Recado de Neymar para o garoto Luiz Eduardo, vítima de racismo em um jogo de futebol da categoria sub-11. pic.twitter.com/pXWOQgWNuf— Planeta do Futebol 🌍 (@futebol_info) December 18, 2020
Neymar: "I want to offer you strength"
Neymar was swift to send a message of support to Luiz Eduardo. Writing on social media, the Brazil captain encourage the youngster not to give up on his dream to be a professional footballer. “I see that you went through a very sad and repetitive situation. Unfortunately, we are all witnessing this type of thing that has no place today. I want to offer you strength, I hope you don’t give up what you love doing, which is playing football. Take courage, transform it into training, dedication, love for what you do and your parents, family and everyone, without colour, without race. I send you a kiss, focus on God and success, I’m with you. Hugs.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?