LA Galaxy to appoint Greg Vanney as their next head coach
Reporter Grant Wahl was the first one to announce on social media that Los Angeles Galaxy are finalizing the deal with Greg Vanney to coach the team next year.
Towards the end of the 2020 Major League Soccer season, the Los Angeles Galaxy decided to part ways with head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto after almost two years on the job. The team with most titles in the league (five) failed to make it to the playoffs and they had their worst season in their history, ending in 10th place with 22 points in the Western Conference.
- United States of America
*Update 20 de diciembre de 2020
Closing in on a deal
There were several names on the list to take on the head coaching job and it seems that the bosses have found their perfect candidate, Greg Vanney. According to Grant Wahl, the LA Galaxy is finalizing a deal to make Vanney its next head coach for the 2021 season in MLS.
Sources tell me LA Galaxy is finalizing a deal to make Greg Vanney its next head coach.— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) December 19, 2020
Vanney stepped down as Toronto FC on 1 December when they lost to Nashville SC in the playoffs. Even though it was a tough elimination for Toronto, Vanney managed to qualify the team as the second seed and they ended the regular season with 44 points and a record of 13-5-5.
He became Toronto’s ninth head coach in 2014 and three years later won a treble of MLS Cup, Supporters’ Shield and the Canadian championship. He coached TFC in 250 games and won 112. The deal with LA Galaxy should be finalized in the next couple of days.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live