LA Galaxy to appoint Greg Vanney as their next head coach
Reporter Grant Wahl was the first one to announce on social media that Los Angeles Galaxy are finalizing the deal with Greg Vanney to coach the team next year.
Towards the end of the 2020 Major League Soccer season, the Los Angeles Galaxy decided to part ways with head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto after almost two years on the job. The team with most titles in the league (five) failed to make it to the playoffs and they had their worst season in their history, ending in 10th place with 22 points in the Western Conference.
- United States of America
*Update 20 de diciembre de 2020
Closing in on a deal
There were several names on the list to take on the head coaching job and it seems that the bosses have found their perfect candidate, Greg Vanney. According to Grant Wahl, the LA Galaxy is finalizing a deal to make Vanney its next head coach for the 2021 season in MLS.
Sources tell me LA Galaxy is finalizing a deal to make Greg Vanney its next head coach.— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) December 19, 2020
Vanney stepped down as Toronto FC on 1 December when they lost to Nashville SC in the playoffs. Even though it was a tough elimination for Toronto, Vanney managed to qualify the team as the second seed and they ended the regular season with 44 points and a record of 13-5-5.
He became Toronto’s ninth head coach in 2014 and three years later won a treble of MLS Cup, Supporters’ Shield and the Canadian championship. He coached TFC in 250 games and won 112. The deal with LA Galaxy should be finalized in the next couple of days.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...