Which team has won more CONCACAF Champions League titles?
Club América has been the most successful team in the CONCACAF Champions League’s history with a total of seven titles, followed by another Liga MX team Cruz Azul.
The 2020 CONCACAF Champions League finished with Tigres UANL defeating Los Angeles FC 3-1 to win their first title in their history after losing three previous finals. The fourth time was the charm for the Liga MX side and now they will participate in the 2021 Club World Cup that is set to start on 1 February in Qatar.
¡Y ésa Copa se viene a San Nicolás! ¡Sí señor! 🏆🔥— Club Tigres Oficial 🐯 (@TigresOficial) December 23, 2020
The most successful club
The Liga MX teams have dominated the competition since CONCACAF implemented the new format in 2008 modelled on the UEFA Champions League and which replaced the CONCACAF Champions Cup. With the establishment of the new format 24 teams from 13 nations participated in the tournament, nine from North America, 12 from Central America and three from Caribbean leagues.
- Club América - 7 titles (1977, 1987, 1990, 1992, 2006, 2015, 1016)
- Cruz Azul - 6 titles (1969, 1970, 1971, 1996, 1997, 2014)
- Pachuca - 5 titles (2002, 2007. 2008, 2010, 2017)
- Monterrey CF - 4 titles (2011, 2012, 2013, 2019)
- Saprissa - 3 titles (1993, 1995, 2005)
- Pumas UNAM - 3 titles (1980, 1982, 1989)
Los Angeles Football Club made an impressive run in their debut in the Concachampions in 2020, by eliminating three Liga MX ‘power houses,’ but failed to beat Tigres in the final. LAFC wanted to be the first Major League Soccer to win the title under the new format, because Los Angeles Galaxy won it in 2000 and DC United in 1998.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo