MLS welcomes Lionel Messi
The MLS Spanish social media account 'opened’ their doors to the Argentine, who recently declared that he would like to play in the United States league.
Lionel Messi’s interview with journalist Jordi Évola, has been the focal point in the world of football this week. He spoke for little over an hour and towards the end of the interview the 33-year-old talked about his future, because his contract with FC Barcelona expires in the summer of 2021.
Messi said that even though he can officially start discussing his contract with other clubs ahead of the 2021/22 season, right now he is focused on winning a title with Barcelona this year. The Argentina superstar also stated that he will decide whether he will stay or leave by the end of the current season.
MLS an option for Messi
When Évola asked Messi about his future, the Argentine replied with the following: “I have always been intrigued about living in the United States and to play in Major League Soccer. I want to experience the league and live in the U.S., but to be honest I don’t know if it will happen because I am not talking about next year or the next.”
Shortly after, the MLS account in Spanish tweeted, “You will always be welcome here Leo.” There are few teams in the United States that can afford Messi due to the economic crisis the coronavirus pandemic has created and Inter Miami or New York City FC could be his next destination.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA Skills Challenge: which players will participate in the 2021 edition?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Does NBA League Pass include NBA All-Star 2021?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming & when it could pass Senate vote, IRS tax return | Live
- 2021 TAX FILING Has the IRS already started refunding tax return 2021?
- NFL Denver Broncos: Stay locked on Drew or hand keys to a rookie QB?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How to claim a missing stimulus check on your 2020 tax return