MLS welcomes Lionel Messi
The MLS Spanish social media account 'opened’ their doors to the Argentine, who recently declared that he would like to play in the United States league.
Lionel Messi’s interview with journalist Jordi Évola, has been the focal point in the world of football this week. He spoke for little over an hour and towards the end of the interview the 33-year-old talked about his future, because his contract with FC Barcelona expires in the summer of 2021.
Messi said that even though he can officially start discussing his contract with other clubs ahead of the 2021/22 season, right now he is focused on winning a title with Barcelona this year. The Argentina superstar also stated that he will decide whether he will stay or leave by the end of the current season.
MLS an option for Messi
When Évola asked Messi about his future, the Argentine replied with the following: “I have always been intrigued about living in the United States and to play in Major League Soccer. I want to experience the league and live in the U.S., but to be honest I don’t know if it will happen because I am not talking about next year or the next.”
Shortly after, the MLS account in Spanish tweeted, “You will always be welcome here Leo.” There are few teams in the United States that can afford Messi due to the economic crisis the coronavirus pandemic has created and Inter Miami or New York City FC could be his next destination.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?