Mario Balotelli scores four minutes into Monza debut
Serie B side Monza had to wait less than four minutes for the anticipated impact from Mario Balotelli, who scored on his debut against Salernitana.
Mario Balotelli made a flying start to life in Serie B with a debut strike after just four minutes for Monza against Salernitana.
Balotelli off to a flier in Italy's second tier
The former AC Milan, Liverpool and Manchester City forward signed for Monza - owned by ex-Rossoneri chief Silvio Berlusconi - earlier this month until the end of the season. The 30-year-old made his second-tier bow on Wednesday, lining up alongside Kevin-Prince Boateng, another former Milan man, from the start at home to the league leaders. And Balotelli needed just three minutes and 53 seconds to get on the scoresheet as he turned in Carlos Augusto's cross with the first shot of the match and his first touch.
1 - Mario #Balotelli has netted with his first touch in Serie B, in his career only in Ligue 1 he scored in his debut in a new league (September 2016). Start.#monzasalernitana #SerieB #Monza pic.twitter.com/pCeKkwHrII— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) December 30, 2020
Balotelli has played in the top flight in Italy, England and France but only in Ligue 1, with Nice in 2016, had he previously netted on his debut in a new league.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics