"América are one of the biggest clubs in the world" - Santiago Solari
The Argentine head coach signed a two-year contract with Club América and during his first interview admitted he is excited for a new challenge.
On Tuesday, it was confirmed that Santiago Solari will be Club América’s new head coach ahead of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. The Argentine will sign a two-year contract with the Liga MX side and his first game will be on 6 January against Atlético San Luis at the Azteca stadium.
Solari spoke for the first time since taking the América job with TUDN, where he talked about the pressure he will undergo managing the most successful team in Mexican soccer and how happy he is with the new project.
“It is a marvelous opportunity and I want to start working as soon as possible. América are one of the biggest clubs in the world and Mexican fans are very passionate about their team and football. This is a huge opportunity for me and an honour to be part of this new project,” Solari said.
“América have a huge fan base and they are used to lifting trophies. Their history speaks for itself. Once again this is a huge honour for me,” added Solari.
Solari is expected to arrive this weekend to Mexico for his presentation as head coach of América and to prepare for his debut match in the tournament. Former coach, Miguel Herrera, failed to win a title last time out and his aggression in the match against LAFC cost him his job. Even though Solari signed a two-year deal, if the results don’t show in the first six months, his job could be in jeopardy.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?