New covid-19 infections hit Al-Ahly's squad
The African Champions are still struggling with increasing covid-19 infections among their squad.
Al-Ahly received another blow with more players from its starting line-up having contracted covid-19. It has now been confirmed that Mahmoud "Kahraba", Marwan Mohsen, Akram Tawfik, and Mohamed Hany have tested positive for the virus.
This the second time that striker Mahmoud Kahraba has contracted the infection as he had tested positive for covid-19 earlier before the CAF Champions League final game against Zamalek last November but managed to recover.
Al-Ahly announced in an official statement that the four players have contracted the infection and will undergo the treatment protocol approved by the Egyptian Health Ministry which means all of them will miss out on their team's fixture against Wadi Degla in the fifth round of the Egyptian league.
Afsha returns to training
The team's midfield star Mohamed Magdy Afsha who had also tested positive for the infection earlier and gone into self-isolation, returned to group training after his recovery.
Al-Ahly's football executive Sayed Abdulhafiz revealed that the player already underwent two swabs and returned negative results and will have to undergo another one ahead of the team's next fixture to ensure that he has completely recovered.
Abdulhafiz noted that this is a routine procedure that's followed with all players who had contracted the virus to make sure that the virus is completely got out of their systems.
Coronavirus in Egypt
Egypt is currently seeing the second wave of covid-19 as the country has been witnessing significant surges in new infections.
Egypt reported 1411 new infections on Wednesday taking the overall tally to 136644 since the start of the pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history