Joe Scally completes his move to Borussia Mönchengladbach
The 18-year-old defender has completed his move to Borussia Mönchengladbach and will join the Bundesliga side on Monday to undergo medical examinations.
On 31 December Joe Scally turned 18 years old and one day later it was announced that he will join Borussia Mönchengladbach on Monday to undergo medical examinations. The former New York City FC full-back was sold to the Bundesliga side on 13 November 2019 for a reported $2 million, which could increase to $7 million if he reaches certain bonuses.
At age 16, Scally became the most expensive transfer at that age in the history of Major League Soccer. If he achieves all the bonuses, his could be one of the highest transfer fees received for an MLS player that was sold to a European team.
“Scally is due to arrive on Monday and he will undergo all the necessary medical examinations and then he will have the chance to showcase himself in the first-team training,” said Gladbach head coach Marco Rose.
🎙️ #Rose: "@jjscally_10 is due to arrive on Monday. He will undergo all the necessary medical examinations and then he will have the chance to showcase himself in first-team training."#DieFohlen #DSCBMG pic.twitter.com/f0FMX7o705— Gladbach (@borussia_en) December 31, 2020
Scally signed a homegrown deal with NYCFC in 2018 and in the 2020 MLS season, he made four appearances. His debut came against New England Revolution when he made his first ever start last September. Scally was also part of the national team that participated in the U-17 World Cup with the United States.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim