Pochettino still without Neymar as PSG host Brest
PSG will be without forward Neymar for a fifth consecutive match when they take on Brest in Ligue 1 as Pochettino searches for his first win.
Neymar is not fit to make his return from injury when Paris Saint-Germain take on Brest in Ligue 1, though Mauro Icardi is one of a trio returning to action. Icardi, Layvin Kurzawa and Alessandro Florenzi will all be available at Parc des Princes on Saturday after injury absences.
PSG laboured to a 1-1 draw in Mauricio Pochettino's opening game in charge away to Saint-Etienne on Wednesday
He will seek his first win since replacing Thomas Tuchel at home to Brest, with PSG looking for a sixth straight Ligue 1 win against them.
With 36 points after 18 games this season, it is their worst opening to a top-flight campaign since 2012-13.
Pochettino will bid to start improving their results without Neymar – who has not played since suffering an ankle injury on December 13 – while Rafinha and Juan Bernat are also out.
Pochettino: "We need players back as soon as possible"
"We need to get the players who are out back in action as soon as possible so that we can be as competitive as we want to be," Pochettino said ahead of facing Brest.
"The team have shown a fantastic attitude and an ability to learn quickly from us in a short period of time."
Neymar will then have missed five matches, with the next decision to be whether he plays any part against Marseille in the Trophée des Champions on Wednesday.
Central to PSG's thoughts is February's crucial Champions League last-16 first leg against Barcelona.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?