Pep: "Steffen has settled perfectly to the dynamic of the group"
On 3 January, the United States goalkeeper made his Premier League debut with Manchester City in the 3-1 victory against Chelsea.
Zack Steffen was named by head coach Pep Guardiola as the backup goalkeeper for Manchester City this season and he has already debuted in all competitions. On 3 January, the United States international made his Premier League debut in Manchester City’s 3-1 victory over Chelsea.
Steffen got the opportunity to play because starting goalkeeper, Ederson, tested positive for coronavirus and is currently being isolated until he recovers. After his debut in the Premier League, the manager Pep Guardiola praised the performance of the 25-year-old.
"He's settled perfectly to the dynamic of the group and he is a guy who listens in training," said Guardiola in a news conference on Friday.
Zack Steffen made his second consecutive start against Manchester United for the Cup semi-final and he was able to keep a clean sheet in the Citizens 2-0 citizens. He will make his third consecutive start in the FA Cup Third Round match against Birmingham City.
“He’s been training with maybe the best goalkeeper coach with Xabi Mancisidor and he has the opportunity to improve a lot. He made an incredible save in the first half from Bruno Fernandes but they were actions with the ball that he’s done really well,” added Guardiola.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future