Club América could lose two players due to coronavirus
Guillermo Ochoa and Nicolás Benedetti have presented symptoms that consistent with coronavirus and now they have to isolate until the results come back.
CF Monterrey defeated Club América 1-0 on Saturday night for matchday 2 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament at the BBVA stadium. After the match several players from ‘Rayados’ started showing symptoms related to coronavirus.
As of Wednesday 20 January, ‘Rayados’ has said that there are a total of 19 cases of coronavirus among players and staff members. For that reason, Club América announced on Monday 18 January that they did a second round of tests for players and coaches who were in Monterrey on Saturday.
As they wait for the results to come back, TUDN has reported that Guillermo Ochoa and Nicolás Benedetti have shown symptoms consistent with coronavirus. Both players have been separated from the rest of the group and will remain in isolation until the results come back.
This would present a problem for new head coach Santiago Solari who lost in his debut on matchday 1 and now has to get the team ready to face Club Juárez on 23 January. This will be his official debut at the Azteca stadium, since he couldn’t be with the team on matchday 1 because his paperwork didn’t arrive on time.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?