Club América could lose two players due to coronavirus
Guillermo Ochoa and Nicolás Benedetti have presented symptoms that consistent with coronavirus and now they have to isolate until the results come back.
CF Monterrey defeated Club América 1-0 on Saturday night for matchday 2 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament at the BBVA stadium. After the match several players from ‘Rayados’ started showing symptoms related to coronavirus.
As of Wednesday 20 January, ‘Rayados’ has said that there are a total of 19 cases of coronavirus among players and staff members. For that reason, Club América announced on Monday 18 January that they did a second round of tests for players and coaches who were in Monterrey on Saturday.
As they wait for the results to come back, TUDN has reported that Guillermo Ochoa and Nicolás Benedetti have shown symptoms consistent with coronavirus. Both players have been separated from the rest of the group and will remain in isolation until the results come back.
This would present a problem for new head coach Santiago Solari who lost in his debut on matchday 1 and now has to get the team ready to face Club Juárez on 23 January. This will be his official debut at the Azteca stadium, since he couldn’t be with the team on matchday 1 because his paperwork didn’t arrive on time.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA