Club América loses to Monterrey on Solari’s debut
Santiago Solari received his work permit in order to make his official debut as Club América head coach, but opened with a loss to Monterrey on matchday 2.
Santiago Solari was unable to coach Club América on matchday 1 of the 2021 Clausura tournament because he didn’t receive his work permit in time. In that game the ‘Eagles’ defeated Atlético San Luis 2-1 thanks to a late goal from Sebastián Córdova.
The Argentine managed to sort out his paperwork for matchday 2 against Monterrey at the BBVA Bancomer stadium, but his debut as Club América head coach finished with a 1-0 defeat. Rogelio Funes Mori scored a penalty in the 35th minute of the match to give Monterrey the three points at home.
Córdova: from hero to villain
Sebastián Córdova was America's hero on matchday day one and he became the villain in the second game of the tournament. The midfielder first received a yellow card in the 44th minute and picked up another one in the 83rd minute to leave the ‘Eagles’ with 10-men and trailing behind in the scoreboard.
América was unable to find the equalizer and lost the game against Monterrey. The ‘Eagles’ dropped to eighth place with 3 points and their next match will be at the Azteca stadium against Juárez on 23 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?