Club América loses to Monterrey on Solari’s debut
Santiago Solari received his work permit in order to make his official debut as Club América head coach, but opened with a loss to Monterrey on matchday 2.
Santiago Solari was unable to coach Club América on matchday 1 of the 2021 Clausura tournament because he didn’t receive his work permit in time. In that game the ‘Eagles’ defeated Atlético San Luis 2-1 thanks to a late goal from Sebastián Córdova.
The Argentine managed to sort out his paperwork for matchday 2 against Monterrey at the BBVA Bancomer stadium, but his debut as Club América head coach finished with a 1-0 defeat. Rogelio Funes Mori scored a penalty in the 35th minute of the match to give Monterrey the three points at home.
Córdova: from hero to villain
Sebastián Córdova was America's hero on matchday day one and he became the villain in the second game of the tournament. The midfielder first received a yellow card in the 44th minute and picked up another one in the 83rd minute to leave the ‘Eagles’ with 10-men and trailing behind in the scoreboard.
América was unable to find the equalizer and lost the game against Monterrey. The ‘Eagles’ dropped to eighth place with 3 points and their next match will be at the Azteca stadium against Juárez on 23 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light