UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier both made weight on Friday ahead of their UFC 257 bout on Fight Island.
Conor McGregor is "ready and raring to go" after he and Dustin Poirier both made weight ahead of their blockbuster showdown at UFC 257.
'The Notorious' weighed in at 155lbs when he took to the scales, with Poirier a pound heavier ahead of the much-anticipated bout on Fight Island in Abu Dhabi.
McGregor defeated Poirier in a first-round knockout when the two first met at featherweight almost seven years ago but is sure to face an altogether sterner challenge this time around in a fight taking place at lightweight.
McGregor: "It's f****** fight time"
"I'm in fight mode now. That's for sure. The weight is down. We're closing in," McGregor said. "It's f****** fight time now and I'm ready and raring to go. I cannot wait to get into this arena, this Octagon.
"I've been highly impressed, I think the whole business has been highly impressed, after that loss many, many years ago, he rose up became champion and has given so much back.
"I am honoured to share the Octagon with this man. I know we have this competitive fire, and it's still there, there's no denying that and it's going to be a good fireworks-filled bout but the respect is admirable for this man from me.
"Everyone, I'm so excited to be back."
Poirier: "I'm leaving it all out there. Let's go"
There was no love lost between the two men when the pair fought in 2014 but the histrionics have been replaced by a much more amicable and respectable tone this time around.
At the weigh-in, Poirier provided McGregor with a bottle of his hot sauce and praised the Irishman and his team for reaching out to his foundation, but insists he is prepared for battle.
"I don't want to seem like we are up here giving each other back massages but I just wanted to clear the air," Poirier said.
"Conor's team, McGregor Sports Entertainment did reach out to my foundation and they are starting the donation to the good fight foundation and we have huge plans for that. So Conor, man to man, you are going to help a lot of people with that.
"My whole career has aligned me for tomorrow night, and I'm here to be victorious and get my hand raised by any means necessary. I'm leaving it all out there. Let's go."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?