Date set for postponed 19/20 Copa del Rey final
According to sources in the Andalusian regional government, the game between Real Sociedad and Athletic will take place at La Cartuja on 3 April.
AS has been informed from sources close to the Andalusian regional government that the postponed 2019/20 Copa del Rey final between Real Sociedad and Athletic Club will take place on 3 April and at the La Cartuja Olympic stadium in Seville and not Sunday 4 April as was originally planned.
The game was postponed last year with the advance of the coronavirus pandemic and it was hoped by both clubs that supporters could attend this rescheduled date as was the keen desire of both finalists but with the ongoing third wave of the virus, everything points to the game being staged behind closed doors. The Spanish FA (RFEF) are expected to formally confirm the date next week.
Just two weeks later, La Cartuja will host the final for the current season's competition which has now reached the quarter-final stage with the draw set to be held on Friday. Real Sociedad were eliminated at the hands of Betis earlier in the week but at the time of writing Athletic could participate in two Spanish cup finals within the space of 14 days.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes