Atlético pair Carrasco and Hermoso test positive for Covid-19
Atlético Madrid will be without Yannick Carrasco and Mario Hermoso for the time being due to their positive coronavirus tests.
Yannick Carrasco and Mario Hermoso have tested positive for coronavirus and face a period of self-isolation, Atlético Madrid announced today. Th club explained that the positive results had been returned the previous day and the players have already been isolating at home. They did not disclose how long the two players will have to isolate or when they will be expected back in training. However, both will miss Sunday's trip to Cádiz and are unlikely to face Celta a week on Monday.
Our players @CarrascoY21 and @mariohermoso5 have tested positive for COVID-19.— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) January 30, 2021
They're isolating at home, in compliance with the health authorities’ guidelines and LaLiga protocols.
Atleti top the table
While losing two important players will undoubtedly be a blow to head coach Diego Simeone, his side are sitting pretty at LaLiga's summit. They have won seven in a row in the league and sat seven points clear of rivals Real Madrid at the top of the table heading into the weekend, with the Colchoneros also having a game in hand.
Both Hermoso and Carrasco have played 15 out of Atlético's 18 LaLiga matches this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future