Bayern Munich loans Chris Richards to Hoffenheim
This Monday it was confirmed that the United States international will end the 2020/21 Bundesliga season playing for Hoffenheim in order to gain some minutes.
Chris Richards wants to keep developing as a defender in one of Europe’s top-flight leagues, but this season with FC Bayern Munich he only has seven appearances in all competitions and one assist. Given the 20-year-old is not seeing a lot of opportunities with the current Bundesliga champions, the team has decided to loan him to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for the remainder of the season.
The deal was announced on Monday and Hoffenheim will not have the option to buy Richard at the end of the loan. The United States international joined Bayern Munich U-19 in January 2019 after a breakout season with FC Dallas in Major League Soccer a year earlier.
Welcome, @eastmamba 👋— TSG Hoffenheim EN (@tsghoffenheimEN) February 1, 2021
Just before the close of the current transfer window, #TSG Hoffenheim have signed Chris #Richards to cover the injury-ravaged defence. The 21-year-old central defender arrives in Kraichgau on loan until the end of the season from @FCBayernUS. pic.twitter.com/Zjmv9Njiy1
The 20-year-old made his debut with FC Bayern Munich on 20 June 2020 when they defeated Freiburg 3-1. In his second year with the first team, Richards has three appearances in the Bundesliga this season for Bayern and his first assist came in his first start when they defeated Hertha BSC 4-3 back in October.
Hoffenheim making a European run this season
His last game for the current champions was on 5 December 2019 when he came as a substitute against RB Leipzig. Now he is going to have a new opportunity to gain minutes with Hoffenheim who are currently in 12th in the Bundesliga and 10 points away from the last Europa League qualification spot.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother