Jesé: "Mbappé really wants to go to Real Madrid"
Jesé, now back at Las Palmas, spoke about his old PSG team mate: "He really started following Madrid when he was 16, when Cristiano, his idol was there".
Jesé Rodríguez chatted to Cadena COPE's El Partidazo programme after announcing his return to UD Las Palmas during the January transfer window. The 27-year-old was asked about his physical fitness, his injury and the other offers he had received before accepting to return to Las Palmas. But it was his comments about Kylian Mbappé which really aroused interest. Jesé and Mbappé were team mates during their time together at PSG and the two players have kept in touch. That's why it was interesting when he mentioned that Mbappé is very keen to join Real Madrid.
"When he really started following Real Madrid when he was 16, Cristiano was still there and he was his idol. He loves Madrid and I am sure that he will play there one day," Jesé explained. It suggests that it was one of the topics of conversations the two players had while Jesé was still under contract at PSG. Mbappé's contract will expire in June 2022 and he has openly said that he will discuss his future with the club. Real Madrid must act quickly if they are to not lose out on signing one of the best players on the planet.
Jesé on career-changing injury
Apart from talking about Mbappé, Jesé Rodríguez also spoke about the shape he is in ahead of his return to football: "A lot of people thought I would retire. That makes me even more determined to train hard and play well. I had offers from Turkey, Mexico, Saudi Arabia... I decided to stay here because I wanted to be close to the people who love me and the club who have me full support". He also recalled the ligament injury which changed the course of his career: "Of course it had an impact on my career. It was like a Ferrari at 300 kilometres an hour breaking down. You have to start again from zero and repair it".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August