Jesé: "Mbappé really wants to go to Real Madrid"
Jesé, now back at Las Palmas, spoke about his old PSG team mate: "He really started following Madrid when he was 16, when Cristiano, his idol was there".
Jesé Rodríguez chatted to Cadena COPE's El Partidazo programme after announcing his return to UD Las Palmas during the January transfer window. The 27-year-old was asked about his physical fitness, his injury and the other offers he had received before accepting to return to Las Palmas. But it was his comments about Kylian Mbappé which really aroused interest. Jesé and Mbappé were team mates during their time together at PSG and the two players have kept in touch. That's why it was interesting when he mentioned that Mbappé is very keen to join Real Madrid.
"When he really started following Real Madrid when he was 16, Cristiano was still there and he was his idol. He loves Madrid and I am sure that he will play there one day," Jesé explained. It suggests that it was one of the topics of conversations the two players had while Jesé was still under contract at PSG. Mbappé's contract will expire in June 2022 and he has openly said that he will discuss his future with the club. Real Madrid must act quickly if they are to not lose out on signing one of the best players on the planet.
Jesé on career-changing injury
Apart from talking about Mbappé, Jesé Rodríguez also spoke about the shape he is in ahead of his return to football: "A lot of people thought I would retire. That makes me even more determined to train hard and play well. I had offers from Turkey, Mexico, Saudi Arabia... I decided to stay here because I wanted to be close to the people who love me and the club who have me full support". He also recalled the ligament injury which changed the course of his career: "Of course it had an impact on my career. It was like a Ferrari at 300 kilometres an hour breaking down. You have to start again from zero and repair it".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history