Henry Martín secures three points for Solari's Club América
Santiago Solari's side defeated Querétaro at the Azteca stadium to earn the three points that takes them to go top of the table.
Club América hosted Querétaro on matchday 6 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament, where they managed to get three points to take the top spot in the tournament.
The visiting team suffered an early set-back when José Doldán was given a red card in the 12th minute. America made advantage of the extran man and thanks to a goal from Santiago Nevada they took the lead in the 26th minute. But ten-man Querétaro found themselves back in the game when Ángel Sepulveda equalised in injury time of the first half.
The visitors were able to hold the game at 1-1 until past 80 minutes. But fortunately for new America head coach Santiago Solari, Henry Martín scored the winning goal in the 84th minute. With this result they take first place in the tournament and their next opponent will be Atlas in Guadalajara.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game