Burnley interested in signing Carlos dos Santos
The Premier League team is ready to make an offer to Benfica for the United States goalkeeper, who dreams of playing in England’s top tier.
Carlos dos Santos started playing for the Philadelphia Union Academy in 2016 and after a year he joined the Benfica U17 team to continue his development as a goalkeeper. The 20-year-old played in all of Benfica’s youth teams and since last year he has been playing for the B team in the Liga Pro in Portugal.
On his way to the Premier League
Dos Santos has played two games and conceded three goals in 20 matchdays and his performances have caught the attention of a Premier League team. According to The Sun, Burnley are ready to make an offer to Benfica for the American goalkeeper, who has been described as "tall and powerful."
Sean Dyche, head coach of Burnley FC, has shown interest in Dos Santos and he could be Nick Pope’s backup. If the negotiations go through, the Premier League side will have to pay 150,000 euros to Benfica, according to Transfermarkt.
Dos Santos has a contract with Benfica that expires in 2023 and if the move is completed he would have to get a work permit as soon as possible for him to join Burnley ahead of the 2021/2022 season. Currently they sit in 16th position in the Premier League, eight points clear of the relegation zone.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises